Step 1 of 10
1. Which of the following can cause vibration?
All of the above
2. The term "nose gap" refers to _____________________.
the space between the shaft sleeve and shaft
the space between the casing and hub side of the impeller
the space between the stuffing box wear plate and the impeller
the space between the suction liner and the suction side of the impeller
3. The sound of cavitation is frequently described as the sound of popcorn popping. True or false? Low sump levels can cause cavitation.
4. The pump always operates at __________________.
the intersection of the pump curve and the system curve
the intersection of the design flow rate and operating head
the sweet spot on the curve
5. What are some of the causes of water hammer? (Select all that apply.)
Sudden valve closure
6. What kind of stuffing box does not tolerate flow control?
7. Pumping large particles (greater than or equal to 125mm in diameter) most commonly causes wear at which site?
At the suction inlet
At the leading edge of the impeller vane
At the neck of the casing
At the back shroud of the impeller
8. GIW’s TBC pump can withstand pressure up to 533 psi (37 bar). What does the acronym “TBC” stand for?
Tight Bolt Circle
Tight Bolt Construction
Tie Bolt Circle
Tie Bolt Construction
9. GIW Lifting Devices are designed in accordance with the Below-the-Hook Lifting Device Standards. What is the required safety factor based on ASME BTH—2017?
10. Custom torque is required for the following fasteners (select all that apply):
Impeller Release Ring
Bearing Assembly Hold Down Bolts